Lead BI Developer
My client is looking to recruit a Lead BI Developer on a permanent position based in Birmingham.You will be reporting to the Design, Systems and BI Development Manager your will lead the BI team in the delivery of leading Business Intelligence applications for the global business.
Whilst being a highly technical and hands-on role you will also oversee the work of the BI development team ensuring that projects are delivered to the highest standards possible and technical issues are resolved.
Team Lead (approx. 30%)
- Working closely with the Development Manager, Project Managers and BI end users to fully understand requirements and provide accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Facilitate BI development work in the team reviewing daily progress, monitoring progress and removing any obstacles to development work.
- Provide regular updates development progress highlighting any emerging risks or technical and resourcing issues.
- Day-to-day management and skills development of a team of developers
Development (approx. 70%)
- Development of Business Intelligence solutions including developing data models, dashboards & reports using the latest Microsoft cloud based tools including Azure Data Warehouse, Analysis Services and Power BI.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for users across the business.
- Provide consultancy to the business for BI projects advising on potential solutions.
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes.
- Establish and ensure the continued use of standards and procedures for solution development and documentation
- Monitor the quality of data within the warehouse pro-actively seeking to identify root cause of issues and put in place suitable solutions before they impact the business.
- Perform quality assurance system testing to ensure that the data sources provided to the business for reporting and analysis are of the best quality possible and meet the user's requirements.