Philanthropy/ Major Donor Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Philanthropy/ Major Donor Manager (Maternity Cover 12 months) for a Global Humanitarian Charity. This is a great opportunity for a motivated Major Donor Fundraiser with a passion for international development to join a friendly team looking to increase their income through ambitious growth plans.
You will have an excellent understanding of relationship-based fundraising and hands-on fundraising abilities, you will work both independently and with the Philanthropy and Global Partnering team to generate income from a portfolio of existing and prospective donors. Results oriented, you will have strong interpersonal and management skills together with a flexible and proactive approach.
You will have Experience:
• Experience of independently developing relationships with philanthropists and securing five-figure gifts
• Experience of researching and building relationships with new potential donors
• Experience of contributing to fundraising strategies in line with the organisational plan
• Experience of managing a portfolio of relationships with high net worth individuals
• Experience of working in a target led environment with a proven track record of delivering against targets
• Experience of preparing proposals and reports
• Planning and delivering events
• Eligible to work in the UK and travel to the countries in which the charity operates
• Understanding of the principles of major donor fundraising
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong administrative and organisational skills and record keeping skills
• IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience of working with fundraising databases
• Educated to a degree level, or equivalent
Competencies (Soft Skills):
• Confidence in networking and operating at senior levels externally, including with high profile (celebrity) supporters
For more information and a full job/person spec please send CV.
If suitable you will be required to complete an application form and an Equal Opportunities form prior to the closing date which is 17th July.
Interviews will be held on 24th July and second round for those selected will be on 28th July.
Expected start date August/September, 37.5 hours per week, 28 days holiday, salary £33,902 - £38,745
"Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities. We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."