Business Development Manager - Higher Education (West Midlands)
£38,640 basic salary + uncapped commission + company car
Realistic Year one earnings of £48,000 +
Permanent, full-time, home-based role
This is a home-based, field sales role for the West Midlands region, representing an accredited professional Institute.
Working as part of a successful, high-performing and growing sales team of 7, you will focus on increasing revenue by developing partnerships with 20-25 new and existing Higher Education ('HE') Institutions. You will be selling centrally to Universities, Business Schools and other faculties.
The Institute is a supportive and inclusive culture, going from strength to strength, so you will benefit from excellent training and mentoring from the start.
In return, if you are self-motivated, focussed and show initiative to continuously self-learn you will quickly reap the rewards with uncapped commission (paid quarterly). The West Midlands area is largely untapped, so there is huge potential for you to succeed in terms of earnings and personal profile in the sector.
This is not a transactional sales role but one which is all about building relationships and knowing who the decision makers are and how best to reach them e.g. Vice Deans, Deans and Business Managers.
You will need to have kudos, confidence, professionalism and be able to communicate at the right level with a consultative style.
Commission earnings of £10,000 ++ in commission in first year is realistic for a good performer (uncapped and paid quarterly).
Applicants must have
- Good commercial experience and knowledge of the education sector
- Experience of selling into Higher Education (Universities, HE)
- An appreciation of how professional bodies operate
- Proven relationship sales track record in Account Management / Key Accounts
- A confident, consultative sales style with flair for identifying and influencing decision makers
- Strategic thinking and ability to build strong, mixed pipelines
- Excellent communication skills and natural ability to build relationships
- Hunger for success and the drive to consistently hit targets
- Ability to prepare and present proposals to partners and use case studies to sell effectively
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Gravitas - be an ambassador for the Institute representing the values and raising the profile
- A full UK driver’s license.
Benefits Package Includes
- 20 days paid annual leave increasing up to a maximum of 30 days (excluding bank holidays) based on length of service. 8 Bank Holidays plus 4.5 holidays at Christmas
- Salary sacrifice stakeholder pension scheme
- Free life assurance, permanent health insurance, accident insurance
- Sickness benefits scheme
- 35 hour working week
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees (own Institute plus one other)
- Childcare vouchers
- Mobile phone
Application deadline: 1700, Friday 21st July
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.