Director of Academic and Student Services
Director of Academic and Student Services
International College Wales Swansea (ICWS)
Salary Range: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Permanent - Full Time
Navitas is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs and language training.
The Director of Academic and Student Services (DASS) is a key leadership role within ICWS and will assist the College Director/Principal to efficiently and effectively manage the development and delivery of its learning and teaching, quality assurance and student services provision. This incorporates responsibilities for leading and managing: academic and student services; academic quality assurance; student enhancement; learning and teaching and the development of key academic relationships with the Partner University as appropriate for the position. Leading the academic provision of the College will require the DASS to have knowledge and experience of: leading on and managing; ongoing curriculum development and enhancement; curriculum delivery; quality assurance; data analysis and presentation and people management.
The DASS will be responsible for the oversight of the development and implementation of the Academic and Student Services playbooks and will manage the Academic and Student services budget at the College. The DASS will lead and manage the Academic Teaching Staff and provide leadership and management of the College Academic and Student Services team. The DASS will assist the CDP in ensuring that that key performance indicators for the College are achieved which include: student retention, student achievement and student progression. The DASS will also ensure that all compliance requirements (QAA, UKVI etc) continue to be fully met and exceeded wherever possible.
Tertiary qualifications at the postgraduate level in a discipline relevant to one of those offered by the college
- Evidence of work related professional development
- Good understanding of the UK Higher Education system
- Successful record of managing people, budgets and resources
- Experience of implementing strategies, standards and practices
- Deliver focused: driving though change whilst ensuring outcomes are met
- Understand and respect the critical interface between budget management, quality assurance and student recruitment
- Possess detailed knowledge and understanding of the Home Office Tier 4 regulations and the QAA’s Code of Practice
- Understand the dynamic and often volatile nature of international education export business and need therefore to provide best practice levels of care, advice and support to students
- Substantial experience in curriculum development including the management and evaluation of learning and teaching effectiveness.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including University personnel, agents and government organisations
For further details please see the full job desccription on the Navitas Careers Website.
Navitas Limited is an Australian owned public listed company. Navitas is an industry leader in providing managed campus services, pre-university and university pathway programmes for domestic (Australia only) and international students. Navitas conducts a wide range of activities in Asia, North America, Africa, Australia, Continental Europe and the United Kingdom. Navitas Colleges are modern and dynamic educational institutions committed to providing quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies. The UK Colleges offer a range of Degree Programme Elements from undergraduate Level 0 (Foundation) to FHEQ Level 4, university degree studies and postgraduate Masters Preliminary programmes in a wide range of degree pathways. The Colleges are all based on the campus of their Partner University and as such are Associate or Affiliate Colleges of their Partner University. Navitas students benefit from the range of facilities open to all University students.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. International College Wales Swansea (ICWS) is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo a DBS check.
What we offer
The Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is a values driven and an equal opportunity employer. ICWS reserve the right to fill the position by invitation.
Applications to include both a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the position and why you feel you are particularly suited to the role and curriculum vitae.
Applications close on Monday 24th July 2017 at 17:00.