Field Engineer/ Desktop Engineer - London - Up to 40k
Field Engineer/ Desktop Engineer - Up to 40k
An exciting and ambitious managed service provider (MSP) are looking for a Field Engineer to join their team. They are working with some incredibly interesting businesses including those involved in sporting events and some of the largest technology companies in the world.
The role will require that you provide high level IT support to both their SME and enterprise level clients, based in the field (Almost exclusively in Central London), you will be responding to calls and tickets from users, clearly identifying issues and troubleshooting through to resolution.
There is a great opportunity to learn and develop new skills within a fast-growing MSP and a great team.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- You will need to manage your own ticket queue and monitor incidents to resolution in line with client processes and best practices
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict SLA timeframes and manage escalation of incidents within defined timelines
- Identify problem trends and implement changes as required
- Identify, design and plan to ensure continued service availability and ensure all changes are carried out in a controlled and tested manor
- Work with other functions within the business to help identify issues and requirements with a view to continued service improvement
- Provide technical advice and recommendations for tickets assigned to 1st line colleagues, transferring knowledge to junior colleagues
- Experience working on an ITIL based Service Desk
- Ideally, you’ll have experience with Citrix Xendesktop and VMWare Workstation
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting skills
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Apple OS experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of standard Microsoft Office suites
- Working knowledge and administration of AD, Group policy, Exchange, scripting and remote tools
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technician an advantage
- Experience with MDM
- Knowledge of Office 365 & Azure Cloud Platform advantageous
- Excellent communicator - fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Well organised, manages own time effectively and is punctual.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour under stress
- Capable of being highly responsive were required, has a strong sense of urgency and a commitment to follow through
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with both colleagues, clients and third parties
- Ability to listen effectively, to diagnose a user’s problem and find an appropriate solution.
- Clean and valid driving licence