Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker
Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker
Full Time = 40 hrs per week
Salary - £22,450 unqualified - £24,450 qualified
Availability - to start as soon as possible
YOU are a provider of Support, Care and Advice Services. We work alongside people to gain the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for highly motivated and innovative person to join You First Dorset to provide practical and emotional support to those experiencing stalking, or are at high risk of stalking. The Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker will provide an effective and efficient risk led service, carrying out risk assessments, risk management and safety planning. You will be the client voice at all multi agency meetings and share your skills, knowledge and experience with colleagues across the county.
The Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworker will also be part of a wider team facilitating drop-ins, lead on and arrange campaigns and awareness raising events and design, develop and facilitate group work in community and accommodation based settings. the main office base is in Dorchester but the post holder will need to work across the county of Dorset.
Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work is essential for this post.
We are looking for a person who:-
• will co-produce full risk assessments with the client and ensure their needs and circumstances are reflected within all safety and support plans
• will provide 1:1 support to enable the client to understand the impact stalking and develop practical solutions
• advocate on behalf of clients in a professional and respectful manner, encouraging and enabling clients to have their own voice and develop self resilience
• will work with and provide specialist advice to colleagues across the county to effectively identify and support victims of stalking
• work with and provide specialist advice to colleagues across the county to effectively identify and support victims of stalking
• work with individuals to develop risk led safety plans to keep them and any 'secondary' victims safe e.g their friends and family
• assist all those I work with to recognise the characteristics of different stalking typologies
And who can meet the person specification:-
• Qualification or equivalent to NVQ level 4 or equivalent work level experience
• Hold a recognised qualification in Stalking or IDVA or ISVA and/or be prepared to undertake accredited stalking advocacy training
• Knowledge of stalking and the consequences of stalking for high risk victims
• Knowledge of criminal and civil proceedings relating to Stalking
• Knowledge of Stalking legislation and prevention
• Knowledge of diversity and inclusion
• Experience of supporting vulnerable women and/or men on 1:1 or group work basis, preferably dealing with issues surrounding domestic violence and abuse, interpersonal violence (e.g.sexual, HBV, FGM) and/or stalking
• Experience and knowledge of safeguarding adults and children
• Experience of supporting, reviewing and enabling positive client outcomes
• Experience of completing risk assessments
• Experience of responding calmly and effectively to people in crisis or emergency
And can meet our clients wishes:-
• A person who is able to offer emotional support and someone to talk to
• I would like someone who is willing to listen to me and spend time talking to me
• I would like someone who can give me information and advice, can do the job properly and know what they are talking about
• I would like someone who is supportive of my decisions
• I would like someone who is warm, friendly, approachable and fun but will always be good at their job and help me
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, contact us today! Click 'Apply’ to forward your details on to us; ensuring that you include your name, email address, a contact telephone number, your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role. If your skills, experience and knowledge meet our requirements the recruiting manager will contact you to talk more about the role and ask a few key questions to ensure this is the right opportunity for you.
If you are successful you will be invited to an assessment and interview on either the 1st or 2nd of August. Please ensure your availability on these dates.
Closing Date: once all available interview spaces are allocated - don't delay