Communications Officer - Charity
Work Relief Charity Recruitment is recruiting a Communications and Events Officer for a well established and rapidly expanding animal welfare charity.
The charity is looking for a Communications and Officer to join their small team and lead in digital communications activity including regular social media activity, website content and other marketing / communications activities.
Supporting the Marketing & Events Manager, the successful candidate will also contribute to organising and supporting fundraising and challenge events; working with senior management and volunteers to ensure all events have excellent levels of communications and events support.
Communications and Events Officer - Charity
Worcester Park, Surrey
Full Time, Permanent
Circa £20,000 per annum depending on experience
With full support of the Communications Manager, duties to include:
- Managing and growing the charity’s online and social media presence
- Writing compelling communications materials including press releases and case studies
- Acting as Deputy Editor for the charity’s magazine
- Responding to press and media enquiries
- Assisting in planning and promoting various charity events
- Managing the charity’s participation in challenge events
This is a super role within a small charity which will inevitably lead to the successful candidate furthering a career into management. This is a very varied role where duties will include and expand into fundraising and communications policies - full training will be provided on many aspects of this role for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- The ability to stay focussed and work well within a small team
- Experience of providing marketing, digital communications or communications within social, community or charitable setting
- Experience of utilising social media as a marketing tool
- Experience of writing engaging online and print communications
- Excellent written communication skills and proofreading ability
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV.
All suitable candidates will be asked to complete a supporting statement.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.