Group Finance Manager
A growing and vibrant business based in Central London require a Group Finance Manager to lead a complex and interesting area that offers diversity. The position is based in group and requires you to have not just the technical experience but also good commercial business partnering skills. The opportunity offers exposure across the organisation and is a very visible role. You will ideally be ACA Qualified and have post qualified experience in industry (any sector) in a Group role.
Your responsibilities encompass the following tasks:
- Collation of monthly financial reporting
- Ensuring the appropriate accounting treatments are adopted
- Input into the periodic investments valuation process
- Ensuring all investments are appropriately revalued in accordance with the latest accounting principles and compliant with IFRS102.
- Group accounting policies
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual statutory consolidated accounts
- Input into Group audit planning and budget planning
- Responsible for ensuring all loan and equity balances, options etc with all subsidiaries, associates and investments are appropriately accounted for, and interest is accrued where necessary.
- Oversight of tax reporting and preparation of annual tax computation
There are a number of projects and process improvements that you will be involved in as well as lead. For example they will be implementing a new group consolidation software. You will also manage a Qualified Accountant including the relevant training, performance management and management of key competency requirements.
To be selected for this role you will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA preferably) with experience in industry (any sector) in a Group role. The business is an asset manager and therefore an interest in Financial Services is helpful.
You need to have detailed knowledge of accounting standards, especially relating to group consolidations under FRS 102 as well as strong analytical, excel and presentation skills.
The role will include reporting to senior management and working with a wide range of stakeholders therefore communication and business partnering skills are also key.