Business Development Director
Role: Business Development Director
Salary: Up to £80k basic plus an attractive commission scheme/ benefits package
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Vacancy Reference: VR/03251 (Please quote this vacancy reference when making an application)
Our Client is a leading provider of Property Support Services and they are seeking an experienced Business Development Director to join their national business development, team. You will focus on the award of multi-service/million pound bids across all business sectors. The role requirements are as follows
- Sales conversion against agreed targets
- Pipeline development and of new leads
- Work with internal teams to identify and support development of business
- Build and develop good relationships with strategically identified growth clients, ensuring that you/the company are in a strong position to gain future business.
- Build and create new networks with a view to winning new business
- Ensure that the services sold are to an agreed specification and pricing structure
- Work closely with the sales support team on pitches/proposals; meeting agreed deadlines, presenting these to clients (up to and including board level) and completing all follow-up work including gaining feedback to benefit your/the company's position.
- Ensure new business clients are successfully handed over to the Mobilisation/Operational Management Teams in planned, organised and seamless way.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present persuasively in order to build rapport and sell the business
- Understanding of sales principles and processes and demonstrate an ability to implement those effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to close sales
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to own working practice
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation to work unsupported at times and achieve team and individual sales goals
- Forming relationships to establish credibility quickly with senior clients often at Director level
- Strong business acumen to understand the financial aspects of the service provided to clients and the margins to target
- Strong negotiation skills within a sales environment
- A competent user of Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.