Location: Finchley Central, N3, North London.
About the company
Balance Books Ltd is a rapidly growing bookkeeping, VAT and Management Accounts bureau providing an excellent service to a varied client base for over 25 years.
We are looking for a bookkeeper/management accountant to join our team in our busy office in Finchley.
- Review and planning Bookkeeping, VAT Returns & Management Accounts prepared by others and provide feedback for corrections(this will be a core part of the role).
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns and EC Sales Lists
- Period end adjustments and preparation of Management Accounts
- Managing a portfolio of 25-30 clients ranging in size with whom you will have constant verbal and email communication
- Training of clients on how to maintain their own books and records using online bookkeeping systems like XERO
- Ability to review the VAT Returns and Management Accounts prepared by others, and provide feedback for corrections (this will be a core part of your role).
- Strong working knowledge of double entry accounting (this is extremely important-we go far beyond the 'data processing’, and a short test on double-entry accounting and analytical review will be given at interview).
- Good understanding of VAT rules and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks online, SAGE, although some training will be provided on the online packages).
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Fully I.T literate.
- Have at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Preferably have worked in a practice environment (although not essential)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal-there will be a written test at interview.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Have a 'can do’ attitude.
- Be willing to work some overtime hours during our busy periods (April, July, October and January).
- Live within 1 hour travel from our offices