Property/ lettings Manager/ Team assistant
Want to make a difference to the way people rent properties?
Rent Simple has been going for almost a year and are looking for a team assistant either a team assistant ideally with a Lettings background.
Rent Simple Manage provide high quality homes to working professionals looking for rooms. We also manage properties to a very high standard on behalf of landlords and currently we have properties in the East South and West of London, so the role will involve a fair bit of travel which we can reimburse you for.
Our service ensures that landlords get the most from their investment and have a hassle free life, and that tenants have the safe clean and well run home they deserve. Our company brand and story is very important, we are a young and fun company who love making sure people can see we stand out from our competitors.
We are expanding the business and are looking for a Team Assistant to help us grow to our full potential.
The role available is varied and demanding despite only being a small company. We are looking for somebody who is as good all-rounder, well organised have good communication skills, team working skills, negotiation and have sales experience. Ideally, a member of staff who can take care of the administrative tasks associated with Property Management but also help the company generate new business and help maintain communications along brand personality. Ability to use social media is a must.
Key Areas of Accountability:
This is a full time role and falls under two parts Property Management and Sales:
The role will involve sourcing property leads and negotiating with landlords. Sales and Lettings experience is an advantage for this however not essential as if someone demonstrates the right competencies they can be trained. This is where digital and brand marketing experience will be an added bonus.
- Responsible for all office administration processes.
- Maintaining office filing systems (via drop box and hard copies).
- Create or revamp various documents where required by Rent Simple
- Find tenants
- Respond to inquiries and call backs to potential tenants.
- Scheduling viewings.
- Organising tenant referencing.
- Create contracts, ensure signed correctly and file hard and soft copy.
- Tenant insurance or deposit registration.
- Checking tenant into property (and all other tasks related to tenanting a property end to end).
- Ongoing tenant communications of (cleaning forms, house updates, and the brand of Rent Simple so that they can refer their friends to future spare rooms)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds themselves accountable for following through on agreed tasks, managing Rent Simple resources efficiently, and achieving and role modeling Rent Simples values.
- Takes shared responsibility, together with line managers, for personal and professional development.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and strives to perform to a high standard.
- Shares their personal vision for Rent Simple, and works collaboratively with colleagues in order to make the best out of the Company
- Is future orientated and can envision and support the up scaling of the company.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with their colleagues, external partners.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Sales and Marketing experience (online and offline). Lettings experience is a bonus.
- Experience in administration/secretarial/ work.
- Degree caliber or qualified by professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate with people of a different cultural background.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; skills in other languages would be an advantage.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, able to meet deadlines and maintain high standards of quality.
- Proven ability to manage smaller projects with appropriate support.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and willing to work with a rapidly changing set of priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workload, with some supervision.
- A high level of computer literacy, strong technical aptitude in MS office and the willingness to learn how to use other business appropriate computer programs.
- Experience in using the internet and other web based resources.
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a â€œcan doâ€ attitude.
- Commitment to Rent Simples mission
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within the reasonableness of their level of skills and experience. No task is too menial.
Expected to make occasional calls and emails out of hours