Support Worker - Bury St Edmunds
Due to successful expansion in the area, we are currently looking for someone who enjoys variety in their work life and thrives on team work.
In Bury St Edmunds we have two supported living houses which are home to 7 adults with a learning disability. You will be supporting them to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking and cleaning, to going to the supermarket or taking part in leisure activities. You will help them to lead the life they choose. We focus on person centred support, tailored to individuals needs.
You will need to be flexible to meet the needs of the people we support. Shifts are rota`d between 8am - 10pm and Sleep-in`s start at 10pm, these may vary & may be spread across the week/weekends and include bank holidays.
You will need to have:
• Good people skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to complete paperwork.
• Must be willing to participate in sleep in`s.
You will find it extremely rewarding to see the people we support achieve goals, overcome challenges and enjoy their lives by accessing the social activities and day trips they choose.
You will need to be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability and challenging behaviour.
Job ID: 8965
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.