Operations Finance Analyst
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently working alongside a Market Leading Retail business based in the heart of Birmingham City Centre to appoint an Operations Finance Analyst (Part Qualified) to the team.
This is a permanent opportunity paying circa £33,000 per annum.
Introduction, Operations Finance Analyst:
The key objective for this role is to help identify ways to improve profitability and reduce risk across the business.
This will be achieved through pro-actively combining an understanding of business operations with the vast amounts of data available from the Data Warehouse. By providing accurate and insightful analysis, this role has the potential to deliver significant actions that can impact the company's financial performance.
It is essential that any insight can be successfully communicated to the business, so the Operations Finance Analyst must be credible and confident to ensure the analysis is understood and then actioned.
Alongside this, there is significant scope to participate in and be the finance lead for projects across the business, allowing exposure to Senior Management and the opportunity to add huge value in previously untapped areas.
They must be able to work both as part of a team and operate on their own initiative, demonstrating a desire to seek and implement continuous improvement. This is a new role and as such there are no pre-existing boundaries - if there is an area identified that needs investigating but the data does not exist, the Operations Finance Analyst would work closely with the BI Team to get the data into the Data Warehouse.
The role would require close working with the Regional Finance Managers (with the opportunity to visit different Offices and regions to gain an understanding of how the business generates income), the BI Team (who control the Data Warehouse) plus the many departments that would benefit from financial analysis.
Principleaccountabilities of the Operations Finance Analyst:
- Actively drive the use of business intelligence and analytics, surface insight to drive operational change resulting in improved value for the business overall
- Acting as support for the Senior Finance Manager
- Providing analysis to the newly established VIP Marketing Team, ensuring High Roller players are appropriately rewarded
- Participate and lead various cross regional and department projects including but not limited to;
- Live Table Gaming Optimisation
- Electronic Gaming Optimisation
- Food & Beverage
- Operational Efficiency (all cost areas including manpower)
- Marketing (overhaul of loyalty programme, targeted offers, use of CRM, comps, player programmes)
- Customer analytics (Money Laundering, Social Responsibility, credit facilities, player profitability)
Personal Skills and Experience:
- Part / Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Willingness to adapt to constantly changing business requirements
- Effective business partnering skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment
- Ability to make decisions independently, identify issues and orchestrate to action and closure
- Comfortable learning new IT systems
- Enthusiastic and confident
If this Operations Finance Analyst is of interest do not hesitate in applying!