Account Handler - Commercial Insurance
Commercial Account Handler
Contract type: Permanent
Remuneration: Up to £25,000 subject to skills and experience + Excellent company benefits
We are working with a leading, award winning insurance broker with an office in Hull who currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for an Account handler to join their busy team. This offers a great opportunity for someone who is keen to take their insurance career to the next stage.
As part of the wider client services team the focus of an Account Handler is to maintain and develop strong relationships with commercial insurance customers; acting as the first point of contact for your own client base, dealing with renewals, preparing quotes, making adjustments and answering queries to provide a professional service and support to both clients and colleagues.
We are looking for an ambitious candidate with excellent communication skills who combines strong customer handling and administration skills with a positive approach and a desire to achieve results. An understanding of general insurance is desirable, ideally gained within a broker or insurer environment.
- To act as the first point of contact to provide clients with professional support and accurate information with regards to their product and services.
- To build and maintain an excellent rapport with our clients, providers and colleagues across the Group.
- Respond to clients queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide relevant information to the sales team to ensure sales opportunities are realised.
- To produce and maintain accurate and complete documentation /correspondence.
- Produce high quality correspondence, using standard templates, writing clearly, concisely and professionally.
- To prioritise workload and client requests.
- To log all business activity, ensuring revenue is accurately recorded and documented.
Essential experience and skills required
- Insurance experience is desirable
- Experience in a broker or commercial insurance environment is a real advantage
- Exceptional customer focus with great relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of working within SLA's
- Target driven with the ability to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong team player
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Acturis knowledge is useful
- Cert CII qualified or prepared to work towards
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please contact Melanie White via
To apply for this position, please send your covering letter and CV to: Melanie White via