Retail Operations Analyst
Our client, a truly global retail business, is currently recruiting a Retail Operations Analyst for their UK store planning and development team.
This company is one of the fastest growing international retail businesses with an ever expanding global store portfolio and e-commerce offering.
This role sits in the UK team and reports directly into the Head of Store Development and will be responsible for providing financial, analytical and commercial support to the business regarding new store builds and existing store development. The successful candidate will participate in strategic projects and executing strategic expansion projects and developing the existing store portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high profile role for an innovative and exciting retail business and play a key role in its growth in the UK.
This role will pay between £45k and £55k based on experience and is to start interviewing as soon as possible.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Work closely with the Head of Store Development, Finance Director and Managing Director of UK business to drive store expansion through optimisation of cost, efficiency and quality
- Work with the expansion team and provide detailed analysis and investment appraisal to secure new stores and re-builds.
- Manage and report on all CAPEX for the new store build and existing store development
- Work with Head of Store Development to provide budgets, time planning, reporting and developing long and short term KPI goals
- Provide in-depth investment appraisal analysis on all UK store projects ensuring quality of information for a large number of potential projects running concurrently.
- Development of project reporting and analysis processes
- Development and management of cost control initiatives and management of tender strategy working closely with procurement and suppliers
- Monitor and analyse construction projects and provide input for 3-year planning and KPI's
- Present overall country investment vs target to country and global senior management team
- Support accounting team to predict long range cash requirements for all investments
- Provide data and tools for all stages of store development from design to build
- Develop and implement tools for budget setting, analysis and follow-up for projects
The successful candidate will have/be:
- A commercially minded/experienced finance professional with a background in Retail
- Excellent academic background with a minimum of a degree in Business Administration, Engineering
- Experience in, and provide evidence of, driving a business forward.
- Experience in working with procurement, supplier negotiation and supplier management
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to influence
- Experience analysing investments and reporting on projects
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects concurrently
- Strong system and excel skills
This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to work for an exciting and innovative business. This role will be included in the Global Leadership training programme and so opportunities for development, both in the UK and globally, are very realistic.
Radley Green acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.