£26,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience
Commencemen to start mid September
The Cinnamon Care Collection is an exclusive group of luxury care homes and retirement developments occupying beautiful locations around the country
We proud to announce that Rectory Court, a 41 bedded new luxury residential Care Home will be opening mid October 2017 in Blackheath.
The Head Chef manages all food production within the Cinnamon Home, and must ensure that high standards and high customer satisfaction are delivered at all times. Ensuring that all kitchen services are efficient, and that the required Health and Safety measures are in place and adhered to within the department. In addition, he or she is responsible for ensuring that food presentation achieves high standards at all times, meeting both customer needs as well as budgetary guidelines.
- Manage and deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring that resident choice, dignity, confidentiality and safety are maintained.
- Meet with residents and Heads of Department to discuss and agree catering functions across the home, at all times meeting the special needs or dietary requirements of residents. This must include knowledge of cultural and religious preferences.
- Develop and review the menu on a regular basis with acknowledgement to seasonal changes in supplies, using fresh produce where possible. Ensure that all legislative guidelines are met.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and regularly check that their prices remain competitive, ensuring that the General Manager is kept informed accordingly.
- Support cost-effective stock control systems and ensure these are in place to minimise waste.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times, in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations.
- Attend initial and update mandatory training as required. Actively engage in personal professional supervision including quarterly one to one (supervision) meetings and a yearly appraisal meeting, ensuring personal professional knowledge and competency is maintained.
- Ensure safe operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment. Remove any item of equipment found to be faulty or deemed unsafe from use and report it to the General Manager.
- Ensure the management and implementation of safe working procedures and practices in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist the General Manager in the resolution of any complaints concerning the catering service.
- The Head Chef will actively participate in events held in the Cinnamon home, liaising with the General Manager and Activities Coordinator to ensure nutrition and hydration needs are met, as well as social aspects of such events.
- The Head Chef will adhere to HR policies and procedures when dealing with his/her team of staff.
This role involves working within a team which is committed to providing an excellent food service to the residents, having appropriate supervisory experience and relevant qualifications pertaining to the safe delivery of Food and Hygiene or Catering Services.
Level 3 in Catering or equivalent QCF qualification
Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Team player, self -motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
Ability to organize and prioritise workload, and work under pressure
Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills
Reasonable access outside working hours in emergency situations