Service Introduction Director Telecoms, ITIL, Satellite
Service Introduction Director - Telecoms Leader - ITIL, Prince,Agile, Satellite telecoms.
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE with plush modern offices in the heart of London, free gym, subsidised canteen and onsite bar, my client can offer a state art environment and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena. A full benefits package, LARGE PENSION and LARGE BONUS are on offer. Flexible working hours.
Primary role purpose:
The Service Assurance function is one of the key delivery teams within the Chief Operations Office (COO). It is split into a number of specialisms including Engineering Support, Performance Reporting and Analytics, Monitoring Systems, Spectrum Engineering and Service Performance Management. The Service Introduction Director is accountable for assuring that new products and services are ready to operate. He or she manages the team that is responsible for assuring the operational and commercial readiness of new products and services. The team works closely with product and service development projects (both within the COO and elsewhere in the company including the Chief Technology Office (CTO)) to ensure that all business and technical requirements for commercial launch are met prior to launching a new product or service. The Service Introduction Director has responsibility for providing final recommendation on the launch of new products and services into the production environment.
- Responsible for assuring the operational readiness of Inmarsat products and services delivered by a variety of teams across the COO and CTO
- Provides assurance to the COO and to the wider Executive Team that all new products and services are ready for operation and commercial deployment when they launch
- Manages a team of Service Introduction Managers who are assigned to work alongsidedevelopment projects
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on progress of product and service development projects towards a Commercial Service Introduction Review
- Responsible for the Commercial Service Introduction Review (Gate 3) Meeting
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant technical/engineering subject
- Previous experience working in a senior audit / assurance / quality management role in a technical organisation or function
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methods (e.g. Agile, PRINCE2, PMP, etc.) working within a stage gated end to end process
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practice for Service Transition
- Ability to influence and drive service improvements in an effective and persuasive manner
- A practical, hands-on approach to problem solving with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- International Travel may be required for short periods of time.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Satellite communications technology and/or the telecoms industry
- Previous experience of working within a quality assurance function
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and defend decisions