Major Projects Building Control Surveyor
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Major Projects Building Control Surveyor to join the team based in Central London. We are offering a salary of £59,000 - £65,500 per annum + Car (or allowance) + Bonus + Bens.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built – we’re growing our team and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
With the growth in complex high rise developments, particularly in London, we have created a team to meet this challenge. Due to continued growth we are looking to add to this successful team.
TheMajor Projects Building Control Surveyor Role
Based from our new City of London office, we offer the opportunity to work on a variety of the UK’s most iconic and technically challenging projects, developing an interesting and rewarding career with a company that has a recognised reputation for excellence.
Involved right from inception you will liaise with client design teams and provide professional support, carrying out Building Regulations technical assessments and leading the building control function on these highly complex developments. Offering onsite guidance to builders and our own inspection teams, as well as undertaking forensic investigations.
You will enjoy the support of a multi-disciplined professional team but with autonomy and responsibility to make your mark and be recognised and associated with some of the most technically exciting projects this country has seen.
Our idealMajor Projects Building Control Surveyor:
- As a Chartered (or working towards) professional (RICS, CABE, CIOB), you should bring substantial construction industry experience and knowledge of Building Control relating to complex high rise structures.
- Awareness of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair.
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
We offer our Major Projects Building Control Surveyor a fantastic benefits package!
- A basic salary from £59,000 - £65,500 depending on experience.
- Up to 6% bonus.
- Company car or car allowance (£3,700)
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Partially funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click ‘apply’ today for the opportunity to join the UK’s leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Major Projects Building Control Surveyor.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities