Electrical Project Design Engineer
Electrical Project Design Engineer wanted for manufacturer in Newhaven. The successful candidate will be working within the Production Design Department and designing and project controlling the range of products including very specialist equipment.
Minimum 5 years electrical design experience with design experience in some (or preferably all) the following areas advantageous;
- Electrical design of company tools and design of controls systems (after liaison with sales).
- Design including panel and remote component layout design (in liaison with the Mechanical colleagues)
- Production of electrical designs and wiring diagrams to relevant international electrical standards (or on a project related basis to Customers specific standards) and selection of appropriate components e.g. PLC, contactors, terminals, cabling, power supplies etc. All drawings to include ID tagging etc.
- Basic pneumatic design appreciation.
- "Some" PLC software design (Current company standard PLCs are Unitronic and Mitsubishi).
- Must have an appreciation of Mechanical elements (e.g. fans, solenoid valves, etc.)
- Cleanroom equipment e.g. Wet Processing, Clean Air, Sterile Services and Endoscopy departments
- Production of working designs and drawings and parts lists for the Production team,
- Production of purchase parts lists for the Purchasing Manager
- Liaising with Customer by way of issuance of drawings for approval and appropriate e-mail and telephonic communications.
- Production (electrical elements) of O&M manuals for the Customer
- Production of RAMS (electrical elements) for installation team.
- Working upon more than one project at same time, sometimes multiple projects
- Providing support to the Production Manager by way of Project control (electrical elements) of project(s) to achieve delivery dates, correct quality, and within financial constraints.
The position is full time with possibility of over time. The role is on a three month contract to start off with the potential to go to permanent. Experience in Autocad is essential.
First Recruitment Services Ltd is acting as an employment agency.