Electrical Design Engineer
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in building services design sector who is currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer. The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
Working closely with Team Leaders to progress project design on multiple projects, producing schematics and engineering calculations within agreed timescales. Supporting the team with technical knowledge and assisting with AutoCAD design where needed. Assisting with team management where required. Sound knowledge of the Building Services Industry and able to communicate confidently with external contracts and clients through various forms.
- Produce schematics, elevations, details etc in AutoCAD in accordance with Team Leaders instructions and CAD standards.
- To show initiative to assist the Team Leader with management of the design and progress on the Team`s projects.
- To complete all calculations and understand the engineering principles behind the calculations.
- To have an understanding of the system being designed.
- Responsible for the primary checking of own work ensuring that it is in line with latest procedures, checklists and master drawings/CAD standards.
- Coordinate designs with other disciplines.
- Organise issue of produced information and file relevant PDF/DWGs of drawings / documents produced.
- Follow WDA drawing issue procedure.
- Follow WDA quality control procedure, including putting information through the QC process and the use of master drawings and checklists.
- Adhere to deadlines set by the Team Leader and assist team leader with managing timescales.
- Ability to apply initiative to seek additional information from relevant sources to solve engineering problems.
- To be familiar and keep up to date with British Standards, industry guides and approved documents etc.
- To have a wider understanding of project as a whole.
- To have an understanding of the fundamentals of other disciplines.
- To assist with other AutoCAD work when workload requires.
- Ability to liaise concisely and professionally with external members of the design team and Client on Technical subjects. By phone and email.
- Maintain regular progress conversations with Team Leader.
- Respond accurately, concisely and correctly to Design Team and Contractor queries including RFIs, Tech Subs etc in line with WDA approved products.
- Attend and contribute confidently at client meetings and workshops.
- Make sure drawings are of good standard before issuing.
- To assist Team Leader with management of other Team members.
- To assist Team Leader with checking work produced by other Team members.
- To assist CAD technicians and other staff with technical queries.
- To have at least one year experience in the Building Services Industry.
- To work towards professional accreditation in a proactive manner and discuss any assistance required with Team Leader and / or senior management.
- Complete timesheets daily and accurately.
- Portray a professional image to colleagues, senior employees and Clients in person and in all communications.
- Be punctual and dress in a business-like manner.
- To maintain a generally proactive approach to all aspects of the role.
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, free car park and rewarding working environment.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.