Buyer - Home & Gift
Are you highly commercial with a strong background in Buying within retail?
Are you an analytical thinker, with a passion for product and customers? Are you able to commute to the Guildford area?
Our client is an industry leading specialist retailer. A customer focused business with a large portfolio and a vast range of products, they are looking for a commercially experienced Buyer - Home & Gift to join their team!
What qualities will you need for this Buyer - Home & Gift role?
* Previous buying experience in a retail environment
* Highly motivated, able to work autonomously and has a 'can do' attitude
* The ability to build good supplier relationships
* Ability to travel to centres around the country
* Excellent communication skills
* A team player
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel
* Confident in data analysis to identify opportunities
So what does this Buyer - Home & Gift role involve?
* Range selection and implementation
* Visiting trade shows and showrooms
* Ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers ensuring maximum profitability
* Putting together initial allocations to centres and liaising with the Support Team for implementation
* Identifying opportunities to develop Own Brand/exclusive ranges and executing in stores
* Liaising with the store development team re fixtures and ranges for them to implement in new centres and refits
* Centre visits alongside merchandising colleagues to support in driving space productivity and profitability
* Briefing the Home Analyst on ad hoc
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
AdMore Recruitment is a specialist retail recruitment and talent management consultancy.
Follow us on Twitter: @AdmoreRetail
Facebook: AdMore Recruitment