Business Development Manager - South (training providers, FE colleges)
This is a home-based, field sales role for the South region (covering Berkshire, Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire etc), working for a leading qualification and professional body.
Sales focus is a 60:40 split between hunting and closing new business, and the development and retention of around 50 existing training provide/college accounts.
On top of a good basic salary, this role comes with a £4,500 per annum car allowance (paid in monthly instalments).
Working as part of an established and high-performing business development team, you will focus on: winning new training provider and college accounts, alongside growing business from your existing portfolio; identifying and securing apprenticeships and professional training from employers; delivering revenue from the sales of short courses especially in the welfare to work and LEA space; delivering growth overall in regional student numbers (i.e students who take the core qualification).
The business development team come together for a monthly sales meeting in central London which involves sharing and discussing individual and team results against targets; sharing best practice; sharing market and customer intelligence; participation in workshops with other departments involved in the sales process such as the marketing division; identifying new ways of packaging the sales proposition etc.
We are looking for a senior business developer who is driven to win. A consultative sales professional who is credible, naturally inquisitive, polished, self-motivated and can deliver results.
Applicants must have:
- Knowledge of the Education and Training sector.
- Experience selling in the Education and Training sector.
- A good record of new business wins, and new business 'hunting’ experience from identification to close.
- A good record of developing business ('up' and 'cross-selling') with existing accounts.
- Experience in building a strong sales pipeline, and effectively managing prospects to 'close’.
- Strong evidence of self-management and self-motivation (especially as this is a home-based, field sales role).
- Strong current knowledge of funding and apprenticeships.
- Ability to identify and exploit commercial opportunities in terms of training providers, methods of delivery and products.
- Existing, relevant regional contacts are highly desirable.
- A full, UK driver's license.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 25 days holiday which increases each year of service up to 30 days. Plus 2 days discretionary days (to be taken during Christmas shut down) and all bank holidays.
- Option to buy up to 5 days holiday (up to a total of 32 days) and sell up to 2 days holiday each year.
- Medical expenses cash plan.
- Generous pension scheme, with up to 10.15% employer contribution.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services. The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.