Events & Operations Manager
The Catering & Hospitality Department Events Operations Manager is responsible to the Head of Catering and Hospitality for the efficient management of all events & hospitality functions.
- The organisation, planning, control & coordination of all internal or external functions. This is an end to end service from onset to completion of the event.
- Being the main point of contact for the Events team and the client throughout the planning process up to completion of the event.
- Initial meeting and discussion with the client, quoting, contracting and invoicing, booking staff and equipment producing detailed function sheets, site visits with events team, hosting tastings and delivering the event on the day.
- Managing all catering staff at events briefing the team, overseeing the service and keeping constant communication with the events team and client.
- Management of the venue kitchen facilities. Ensuring the facility is always left clean and secured.
- The reporting of any general maintenance issues requiring further action.
- Maintain an inventory of all catering related equipment.
- Submit business case with costings for any replacements.
- Maintain good communication with all suppliers on the run up to the event.
- Ensure that all relevant departments are kept up to date with information on all details of events and any changes to the event details.
- Ensuring all relevant revenues is passed for Invoicing and recovery of income. Records to be maintained on an Excel spread-sheet.
- Responsible for scoping additional resources required to further develop.
- Maintain and update all stock records.
- Coordinate and delivery of all internal/external meetings Tea, Coffee requests.
- To perform any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the Catering Department.
- Ensure staffing level for all events are booked and correct
- Liaise with the kitchen department on all menus and food requirement including special requests/dietary requirements.
- Ensure that all staff for each events are fully briefed and competent to carry out the required services
- To work and execute effectively within the delegated budget for events.
- 3 years prior experience of managing the catering provision for events / meetings in a high profile corporate environment and weddings.
- IT competent and good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Event Management skills.
- First Aid Trained
- Prior experience of managing the catering provision for events / meetings
- A relevant event or hospitality qualification
- Event software knowledge