Internal Sales / Customer Service - Freight Forwarding, Ipswich
A highly regarded International Freight Forwarder offering import and export logistics solutions via air, sea and road is recruiting for a talented Internal Sales / Customer Service Executive to be based at offices in Ipswich.
Main Purpose of the Role: The role will be responsible for selling import consolidation services to UK co-loaders and overseas partners with the objectives to increase volume and market share
Duties & Responsibilities;
•Passionately hunting for new business opportunities by systematically targeting forwarding agents with regular traffic movements by sea particularly on our core trade lanes.
• Providing rates and quotations on sales enquiries from customers
• Build relationship with new and existing clients with regular phone calls and client meetings
• Liaising with overseas network to develop business on targeted trade lanes
• Driving reciprocal business with overseas partners with sales lead generation and follow up.
•Monitoring the competition’s activity and make recommendations to enhance services
• Liaising with Marketing team to send out marketing messages
Experience & Qualities Required:
• Previous sales / customer service experience is essential, preferably in the logistics/shipping sector
• Excellent sales skills and a proven track record of achieving KPI’s
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with clients.
• Driven and ambitious individual with a strong desire to succeed.
• Award Winning staff development programme with structured training plan
•Full time permanent position offering genuine career development opportunities
• Support from a dedicated team of enthusiastic professionals
• Competitive remuneration package
•Great work environment in a friendly office
For full details please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Specialist for the Shipping & Logistics industry.