Graduate Financial Adviser - St Helens - £18,000 - Study Support - Immediate Start
We are looking for a Graduate Financial Adviser to help provide clients with specialist advice on how to manage their money. The role involves researching the marketplace and recommending the most appropriate products and services available, ensuring clients are aware of and understand products that best meet their needs, and then securing a sale.
Full ongoing training will be given and you will be expected to complete professional qualifications. You will be working in a team of 14, working closely with the Managing Director.
Responsibilities you will be learning and helping with:
- contacting clients and setting up meetings, either within an office environment or in clients' homes or business premises;
- conducting in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future aims;
- analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual clients' requirements;
- completing risk analyses;
- researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services;
- designing financial strategies;
- assisting clients to make informed decisions;
- researching information from various sources, including providers of financial products;
- reviewing and responding to clients changing needs and financial circumstances;
- promoting and selling financial products to meet given or negotiated sales targets;
- negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates;
- liaising with head office and financial services providers;
- communicating with other professionals, such as estate agents, solicitors and valuers;
- keeping up to date with financial products and legislation;
- producing financial reports;
- contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments;
- meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, costs of the services provided and also the advised products.
Must have a 2:1 or above in any of the following degree subjects:
- business management;
- finance or financial studies.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills;
- the capability to explain complex information simply and clearly;
- the ability to network and establish relationships with clients;
- research and analytical skills;
- negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity;
- the ability to work in a team;
- time management skills;
- customer service skills;
- self-motivation and organisation;
- an appropriate level of numeracy and IT skills;
- a target-driven mindset;
- a flexible approach to work;
- decision-making skills;
- discretion and an understanding of the need for client confidentiality;
- an ethical and professional approach to work.
This position is to start immediately. The salary is circa £18k working a 37.5-hour week.
Please contact John Devlin for more information.
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then unfortunately your application hasn’t been successful, however we may contact you regarding other roles. We’re sorry we can’t contact you directly but we wish you all the best in your job search.