A fantastic career opportunity for an experienced Payroll administrator to join a dynamic, innovative team in southend has become available due to growth. This is a great chance for an individual to utilise their payroll skills within a growing finance team.
- Administration of all stages of the monthly payroll processing cycle.
- Weekly timesheet reconciliations and data input into Sage Payroll.
- Timely processing of monthly payroll for 250+ employees; including preparing BACS files, full HMRC compliance and preparation of month end payroll journals.
- Calculating and paying monthly pension payments.
- Completing P11Ds; Statutory Annual Returns; Starters and Leavers P45’s.
- Maintenance and development of current payroll system with constant review of current controls and processes.
- Production of ad-hoc reporting for both the Financial Controller and Senior Management.
- To ensure payroll polices and procedures are kept up to date and
- Sound knowledge of payroll and taxation legislation and practical application and an awareness of how changes may impact on personnel.
- Keep abreast of the legal and financial requirements to fulfil our obligations to our employees and to the company as an employer
- The role will not be limited to these duties and will also carry out other duties within this area.
To be considered for this role the right candidate will have:
- Experience of setting up and implementing in-house payroll is desirable.
- Sage Payroll software experience is essential.
- Relevant and up to date payroll experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of all payroll related HMRC legislation including the current rates and thresholds.
- Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy for data entry is essential to this role.
- Computer skills - essential packages: Word; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and handle more than one task at a time.
- Ability to act on own initiative and make pragmatic decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with a professional and confident personality.
- Well organised with the ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.