Marketing Executive To 25k Newcastle upon Tyne
Marketing Executive 20k to 28k Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2JQ
A great opportunity has arisen to join this progressive organisation
The Marketing Executive will work within the Marketing Team to create, implement, and monitor the marketing communications strategy. There will be significant focus on building brand awareness through a communications strategy and a strong reputation to lay the foundations for the product launch in 2018/19.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
o Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns.
o Using the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
o Writing copy for all marketing collateral, including press releases, brochures, letters, emails, and websites
o Day to day contact for PR/Communications and Design Agencies
o Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure each piece of marketing material is technically accurate, aligns with our company values, and supports a strong reputation
o Support continuous development of the company’s internal communications processes
o Support other business functions by sharing information on competitors, industry trends, market research, business development and funding opportunities
o Maintain friendly and cooperative relationships with partners and their press teams for collaborative outreach
o Support the PR strategy by searching out new press contacts, managing the press database, circulating press releases, and evaluating the success of key pieces
o Execute the events strategy by seeking out conferences in line with the marketing strategy, taking advantage of press opportunities, and evaluating impact
o Coordinate the company’s presence at events, and represent the company when appropriate
o Manage digital media, including social media channels, and liaising with the external design agency on the WordPress website
o Continuously evaluate and improve content and channel strategies
- Undertake other tasks as may reasonably be requested from time to time by the Business Development, Senior Management, and Executive Teams.
- Science or Marketing degree, CIM qualification advantageous or working towards CIM
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing communications role successfully demonstrating impact, advantageous to have worked within IVD, life sciences or health industries
- Proven ability to deliver effective marketing communications campaigns, including coordinated press, events, and digital channel messaging
- Experience managing social media channels and website content
- Demonstrable experience working with media to develop in-depth stories on complex technical topics such as life science and health topics
- Record of accomplishment of collaboration with external partners to achieve impactful communications
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience interpreting scientific literature and data for a lay audience; writing samples will be requested
- Excellent communication, collaboration and strong project management and data analytics skills
- Proven ability to work independently and drive projects through proactive decision-making
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on several active projects simultaneously
- This job may require travel throughout the UK and some international trips
Are you within commutable distance of Newcastle upon Tyne?