Regulation and Compliance Officer
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral member of a successful and rapidly growing company.
In this varied role you will support the Head of Commercial and the wider business to ensure the company’s continued compliance to the regulation governing the industry. You will monitor change, assess impact and coordinate the activities required to achieve compliance in the most effective way for the business. The ideal candidate will be experience in working in a regulatory capacity, detail orientated and able to work to stringent deadlines.
- Carry out regular insights into the Regulatory framework governing the industry to identify commercial threats and opportunities for the business
- Review changes in the regulatory framework, make recommendations to adapt processes where necessary and coordinate projects required to achieve sustainable compliance
- Audit new and existing business processes against regulation and compliance requirements and where needed take action to bring them in line
- Provide regulation and compliance support in the design and implementation of new products and processes
- Manage regulation and industry submissions
- Take ownership of all relationships with regulatory and industry governing bodies
- To be qualified to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Have proven problem solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience of translating regulatory requirements, alongside knowledge of regulatory and governing bodies
- A methodical approach with attention to detail
- Excellent communications and influencing skills, including the confidence to work well with stakeholders up to board level.
- The ability to fault find and make recommendations to remedy
- A proactive approach to fault find
- Strong research and analytical skills
- To be computer literate with a practical grasp of technical issues
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills
- The ability to deliver high quality work to deadline in an accurate manner
- Tenacity, drive and a "can do" attitude, with the ability to work unsupervised
- To be confident to influence and negotiate with others
- A track record of effective and responsible decision-making
- An awareness of OFGEM/DMA/ASA & CAP Code regulations would be a benefit
The company are now in a period of considerable expansion and require staff that are as passionate about achieving excellence as they are. If you are looking for a career with outstanding potential then please apply immediately.
Salary: £30-£35k + benefits