RELEASE MANAGER, SERVICE MANAGEMENT, STAKEHOLDER NEGOTIATION
£39,333 - 45,232 + unrivalled benefits package
A fantastic new opportunity has become available, working for one of our high profile clients based in Croydon. Our client is looking for an experienced Release Manager who will be responsible for maintaining a personal portfolio of services due for release, whilst providing a release assurance function through close engagement with multiple stakeholders.
The post holder will have a strong background in IT Release Management, be confident, outgoing and able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment. You will have previous experience negotiating and managing conflict with suppliers, stakeholders and customers.
- Ensure customers obtain the best possible availability and performance through delivered services through effective and efficient management of service affecting incidents whether provided by internal or external service providers.
- Ensure the continuous review of services and service affecting incidents to formulate improvements and remediation activities to enhance services and provide additional value to customers.
- Continuously review services against SLAs to ensure they either meet or exceed performance targets and any potential conflicts or risks are understood and mitigated
- Act as an escalation point for service related matters, negotiating and managing conflict as necessary with suppliers, stakeholders and customers.
- Support service reviews and operational review meetings with suppliers (internal and external), whilst developing and maintaining effective service line supplier relationships.
- Drive continual service improvements through the measurement and challenge of services and processes, tools and capability as part of Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) plan. Promote CSI to all stakeholders engaged in the consumption and provision of the end-to-end service.
- Collate and maintain management and service performance information, on both a regular and ad-hoc basis, to deliver clear visibility of operational performance and enable overall service reporting.
- Validate/assure supplier invoices against agreed performance levels.
- Identify and manage or escalate as appropriate service risks and issues
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders (customers, colleagues and suppliers).
- Support the design, agreement and implementation of the relevant Service Model standards and processes across all relevant suppliers.
The post holder is expected to:
- Maintain a personal portfolio of services/projects due for release into production delivered by Business Portfolio Release/Project Managers
- Provide a release assurance function through close engagement with the Release/Project Manager, review and assess the quality of release deliverables to ensure evidenced and ready for deployment
- Manage Release Records on the Service Management toolset in conjunction with the Release/Project Manager, progressing through the stages to creation of Request for Change
- Act as point of escalation on all matters relating to the release assurance process for the services/projects within their personal portfolio
- Manage/enforce compliance to the release assurance policies and processes, including adherence by all Business Portfolio Release/Project Managers of releases they assure
- Identify, capture and ensure all improvements to the release assurance process are included in the Continuous Service Improvement Plan
- Participate in the various release boards within personal portfolio, Readiness Reviews, checkpoint calls as required
- Undertake related activities, team interactions, team meetings, coaching/mentoring as required with the specification, development, research and evaluation of client services standards. Applies these standards to resolve or escalate clients' service problems and gives technical briefings to staff members.
If you would like to discuss the above in further detail, please do not hesitate to call Ryan on