Teaching Assistant 1 to 1- Rochester - D2 payscale
Teaching Assistant (Reception and Primary)
D2 £16,123 - £20,138 pro rata to £11,240 - 16,456
32.5 hours per week for 39 weeks per year paid across 12 months
To support the class teacher in the teaching and welfare of children with special educational needs to attain the targets set under their individual educational programmes, whilst also being assigned to work with a child who has specific educational requirements.
- Provide teaching support in small groups and, where necessary, be assigned to individual pupils in order to aid learning in the classroom.
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in children to assist in their education and growth.
- Assist the teacher where necessary with preparation (and clearing away) of the classroom and materials to ensure effective and efficient teaching.
- To support individual students in the classroom who may have a range of difficulties, including learning, behavioural or physical needs under the direction of the class teacher.
- To work in a withdrawal situation with small groups of students at the request of the SENCO or the class teacher. Detailed guidance will be given by the relevant member of staff.
You must have:-
*Previous Teaching Assistant experience
Level 2 NVQ in Teaching and Learning
GCSE's in English and Maths Grades A*-C
Good knowledge and understanding of English, Maths, Science or SEN
Able to support pupils with from all ages and abilities
Please note that applications will only be accepted via Paul Madigan at Capita Education. To discuss this role please contact Paul Madigan on .
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS) being undertaken before the position commences.