On-Trade Brand Specialist
Job Type: On-Trade Brand Specialist
Location: London / Home base
Sector/Industry: FMCG (Beverage)
Job Reference: VAC-23030
Do you want a role where you work hard play hard, working within a great industry in the Bar Capital of the world? Are you passionate, dynamic, driven to succeed and looking for your new career within the drinks industry to drive sales for a leading spirit brand. Partnering with a leading drink company with a rich and prestigious production heritage within the spirits industry, who is looking for an On Trade Specialist to supporting their growing business?
Do you want to work with one of the UK’s Top 100 Brands? Are you looking for a role where you can make a significant impact with future career progression? Does working in a fast paced, environment where everyone has a passion for what they do excite you? Do you have experience working within the Drinks Industry On Trade environment and looking for your Home office based role?
The Advocate Group are partnered with a FMCG Beverage business who are leaders in their field. My client are looking to appoint an On Trade specialist to join their central London team, to drive business for their spirit brands of: Gin, Irish Whisky, Irish Creams, Rum, Vodka and Coffee liquor. They are a high profile Beverage company who are looking for the best talent to join their sales team.
- Develop relationships with key Independent Free Trade bars to gain new Listings, Cocktail Listings, and Pouring Deals.
- Follow key trends, develop a deep knowledge of your territory, new openings, key players, and attend industry events and tastings.
- Develop an excellent knowledge of spirits brands and categories, classic cocktails and be able to present our brands in a knowledgeable and credible way.
- Network with Wholesale sales teams to maximise opportunity for our brands.
- Develop and Manage Key Regional Accounts based in your area to grow Distribution and Volume.
- Organise and host events, tastings, trade shows, and conduct training sessions.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of small independent specialist retailers on your territory and support National listings as required.
- Maintain the CRM database for all your customers, recording visits, meetings, emails and calls in an accurate, complete and timely way.
- Document all account investment through the system, gaining sign-off from Sales Manager for all investment.
- Produce a monthly report and attend monthly sales meeting.
The successful candidate:
- Engaging, passionate, dynamic, resilient, self-motivated, proactive, energetic, relationship builder with the desire to work within the on trade drinks industry.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with the passion to demonstrable ability to work independently, to drive sales.
- Knowledge and a keen interest in the Spirits Industry.
- Be able to confidently engage and communicate in a professional social networking area to drive business for the brand.
- Building strong relationships across the trade, face to face and on line.
- Experience of working in a Trade Sales role, preferably in London Hotels, Bars, Restaurants and Clubs.
- Willingness to work in the evening to ensure contact with key bar influencers, and to manage and support tastings and On Trade events.
- Be based in or around London to facilitate evening travel.
- Excellent communicator, able to present and discuss ideas and proposals, and gain understanding of customer needs, as well as proactively sharing information with the team.
- You need to be able to develop a good understanding if the Commercial and be able to create realistic and well thought out business proposals.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint as well as Social media.
- Be able to travel, work two evening a week.
If you are a genuine team player, would like to work with a strong team of experienced industry professionals, In an exciting role with some amazing brands and you want to make a difference please do get in touch.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nikita.Pottinger advocate-group.co.uk or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business. Any direct or third party applications will be handled by The Advocate Group