Accounts Senior - Top 50 Firm
An exciting opportunity to join a well-established top 50 London practice within their fast growing and forward thinking Business Advisory and Accounts Services team.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Senior to support their growing team which provides a wide range of services from bookkeeping to management accounting to "virtual FD" advisory/support services to a range of clients in varied industries from start-ups through to £40m or more turnover companies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management accounts preparation, to include:
- Ability to gain a detailed understanding of the client’s business and liaise directly with business owners and management;
- Reviewing and understanding systems and controls and making appropriate recommendations;
- Analysing and commenting on the results including developing KPI’s;
- Making business recommendations to the client;
- Producing budgets;
- Forecasting and cash flow forecasting using appropriate software and/or Excel;
- Preparing management reporting pack from client’s software/trial balance.
- Statutory accounts preparation including year-end adjustments and accounts disclosures, from Trial Balance or books and records, and preparation of corporation tax computations for review by tax specialists;
- Communicate directly with clients;
- Supervision and training of junior staff, and reviewing work of junior staff;
- On-site client work.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong base of experience in management accounting, statutory accounts preparation and corporation tax computations.
- Candidates with solely high level management accounts experience will also be considered.
- Be ACCA/ACA qualified or QBE.
- A strong accounting background combined with good IT skills including confidence with using a range of SME-level accounting software for example Sage Line 50, Xero and Excel. We work with CaseWare accounts production software and Digita Corporation Tax software.
The position offers the opportunity to be involved in training and supervision of junior team members, as well as working closely with team managers and contribute to and be part of the success of the team in the long term. The firms prides themselves on their own investment in staff training and development all within in a friendly but professional environment.