Technical Author / Trials Engineer
Technical Author / Trials Engineer required to join an rapidly expanding manufacturer in Rhyl.
Your new company
As part of exciting expansion plans, I am looking for for an experienced Technical Author / Trials Engineer, who will be responsible for the effective transfer of technical knowledge relating to the operation and maintenance of Land Equipment products between the business and the customer. This position will also give support to the Trials team in business winning activities and will involve autonomy within the role and the ability to work independently when required.
Your new role
Main duties within this role will include:
Authorship of technical documentation to support contract delivery which shall include (but is not limited to):
- Army Equipment Support Publications (AESP Octad)
- User Manuals
- Maintenance Manuals
- Train the Trainer (T3) packages
- Management of sub-contractors to meet targets and timescales as appropriate
- Authorship of technical responses in support of bid preparation
- Provide customer training relating to the operation and maintenance of Land Equipment products
- Support the Land Equipment Sales team with controlled versions of technical sales specifications
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will also provide some support to the business line on trials and business winning activities which shall include (but is not limited to):
- Evaluation of products in the applicable environments - night vision and thermal equipment
- Demonstration of product capabilities to commercial and military customers
- Field support for customer trials as necessary
- Performing design integration assessments
- Capturing the requirements of the trials requestor and formalise into a Trials Plan
- Effectively reporting the output of trials
What you'll get in return
You have the opportunity to work for a large scale manufacturer of products and solutions for a variety of industries, including industrial manufacturing, medical and life sciences, defence, aerospace and R&D.
You will also receive a competitive salary and benefits package, and be a part of a large organisation who are going through an exciting period of growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Natasha at Hays Engineering now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.