Digital Insight Analyst - Python/R
With this position you've got the opportunity of joining one of the cool-brand e-commerce firms. One that's known across the UK and internationally for its creative and funky brand positioning, and this happens to translate into its working environment too. Offering a very cool and enjoyable place of work that brings the best of breed digital business environment with cutting edge technology and tools which means a career with these folks and having their brand on your CV will certainly have you in demand in the future too.
The role itself is as a Digital Insight Analyst, reporting into the head of function and responsible for digital customer behavioural analysis and insight, as well as marketing insight too.
You will be carrying out your analysis working with Python and R, building models and machine learning algorithms, as well as SQL for the basic grunt work too. The analysis itself will be looking at the company's international digital marketing programme, across Facebook, programmatic and broader social media analysis projects, as well as some traditional CRM insight analysis work too (churn, cross and upsell, value growth analysis, etc.), but that's really a secondary piece.
You'd be joining a newly developed team, one that's supporting an even stronger move to customer centricity through a data led approach.
The data's in good shape, so you're going to be in a good position to do what you do best - provide actionable insight, and this won't just be limited to the UK arm, since this is an international business. So your insights will be used to support the goals of multiple countries and territories.
The company is looking for someone who has a digital insight background established within a consumer facing e-tail business, as you've got to know your way around things like:
- Optimising their media spend across all channels. Looking at channel attribution and identifying opportunities to continually enhance what is a pretty significant media spend both on and offline
- Behavioural analysis and predictive modelling/machine learning helping to implement digital personalisation capabilities across web and mobile apps
- Digital analytics support - working with Google Analytics and potentially Tag Manager, supporting enhancements to the customer's digital journey and recommending tweaks, changes or improvements based on data insight
- Carrying out CRM analytics, helping the business become more effective in their targeting efforts in order to drive increased customer value, through improving recency, frequency and value of customer spend across product categories
The business has some challenging goals which can only be achieved with your help. Those targets include doubling monthly sales over the site within the next quarter, and this will be achieved through a kind of 'growth hacking' approach to marketing which will only be done with your insights.
This is an ambitious business that's not afraid to experiment in order to achieve great things. They're welcoming to those who are like minded - preferring action and delivering demonstrable difference to a business through insight, and not keen on corporate red tape and excuses why not to test and learn in order to innovate.
So if you're looking for something fresh, an environment that's fun, engaging, challenging and with a brand name that's sure to add value to your career to date, why not apply to learn more?
Role: Digital Insight Analyst - Python/R
Location: Central London - not far from the South Bank
Salary: £40,000 to £52,000 (based on experience and location)
Benefits: 10% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Experience can be established within either agency or client side. But must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that's keen to achieve results
- Previous experience within a digital analysis or digital media insight role doing things like
- Attribution modelling - looking at channels including affiliates, SEO, paid social, programmatic, etc.
- Broader modelling knowledge which can include things like machine learning and its application in things like personalisation
- CRM analytics, around things like value, growth, retention, acquisition insights
- Articulating findings within your work and doing the story telling, including the stakeholder piece translating it into meaningful business benefit
- Experience with R or Python would be a distinct advantage, certainly being able to evidence doing more complex analysis work using these tools at least
- Technically sound with coding using SQL, also using Excel to an advanced level
- Experience using either Google Analytics or Adobe Suite would be an advantage
- You're comfortable translating your work and talking about it with non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working with large volumes of complex data from numerous sources. You can make sense of it and analyse it effectively
- Solid numerate education to degree level or equivalent
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.