CNC Programmer/ Setter/Operator
Up to GBP30,000
Our client are a precision engineering company, located in Kent, they machine complex components to exacting specifications in plastic, ferrous and non-ferrous materials. Due to continued growth they are looking for a CNC Programmer to join and push the company forward.
Summary of position:
Role is rotational and post holder will operate the manufacturing machines. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating machine, whilst maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records and maintaining equipment.
· To follow Works Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within required timescales.
· Completion of production orders to the required stage and to the required standard.
· Responsible for familiarising and complying with all health, safety and environmental rules, policies, procedures and any other instruction relevant to working within their area of the company.
· To maintain a clean, organised and tidy environment (Good Engineering Practice).
· Assists with attaining Company annual goals.
· Be actively involved in continuous improvements
· To complete training in a timely manner and participate in training programs as required.
· To ensure that all equipment used is within calibration and report those which are not.
· Programming mills and lathes (including zero and reference points).
· Set tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches by calculating requirements (including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry).
· Set mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
· Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
· Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company standards.
· Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations.
· Take precise measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools.
· Use CADCAM skills to develop and manufacture precise engineered components to customer specification.
· Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements by following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and arranging repairs where necessary.
· Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Document actions/operations on production and quality records.
· Any other duties/projects as are reasonable and within the skills and ability of the post-holder.