Groups & Events Specialist
We’re looking for a Groups and Events Specialist to join a leading independent TMC at their offices in Central London. Due to an increase in their groups and events business, they’re looking for an experienced travel professional with groups, conference or events experience to join their small but fast-growing specialised team. This brand new role offers a fantastic opportunity for business travel consultants with a genuine interest in events or for leisure travel consultants with experience booking events or groups of 10 passengers or more to move into this thriving sector. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service, communication and problem solving skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and an interest in events, hotels and venues. Working knowledge of Sabre or another GDS is also essential and in return, our client is offering a competitive salary of up to £30k plus excellent benefits.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of this innovative business travel organisation as they expand their groups and events offering and you’d like to find out more, please contact us today for a confidential chat or apply online!
Role of Groups and Events Specialist:
- Researching, planning and delivering event and group travel logistics for UK and overseas events
- Maintaining a good relationship with corporate clients
- Creating and following up on clear and attractive event proposals
- Maintaining and building on a solid knowledge of venues and other event suppliers
- Attending supplier presentations and functions, venue inspections and familiarisation trips
- Occasional onsite event assistance
Skills required for the role:
- Previous travel industry experience, ideally within a group travel and/or events role
- Working knowledge of Sabre or another GDS
- Ability to work to strict deadline and manage multiple projects
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Genuine interest in events, hotels and venues
- Event management experience and/or knowledge of event management systems would be advantageous but isn’t essential.
If you’re interested in learning more about this fantastic Groups and Events Specialist role, please contact Succeed Recruitment Solutions or press the apply online button now!
Not for you? Then please visit our website to view the other exciting roles we have available; www.succeed-recruitment.com.
Succeed Recruitment Solutions - for the best Travel jobs, Multilingual jobs, Airline jobs and Contact Centre jobs.