Children's Senior Social Worker - Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub MASH - Guildford
Surrey’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is looking for a dynamic, highly skilled, experienced and expert workforce to deliver a truly outstanding service.
Surrey’s MASH provides a single point of contact for safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults in Surrey. The MASH went live in October 2016 and is continuing to develop the vision to be at the vanguard of reforming social care practice in Surrey, in an endeavour to ensure customer’s first experience of the safeguarding system is an outstanding experience.
This fully integrated multi-agency single point of access for all new concerns brings together a team of professionals from a number of partner agencies for the benefit of vulnerable people in our county. This will ensure a co-ordinated and consistent response to safeguarding concerns.
As a MASH Children’s Senior Social Worker in the team, you will be at the forefront of assessing need and risk for vulnerable children and their families. Through the MASH process and multi-agency information sharing you will create an holistic picture of the child’s needs to assist you with decision making, determining the level of support and intervention required to ensure that children are safeguarded and their needs met early. As a Senior Social Worker, you will undertake leadership responsibilities or specialist roles vital to the effective functioning of the MASH.
We are looking qualified social workers with HCPC registration who:
- Have post qualifying experience of working as a social worker within a MASH and/or Referral & Assessment settings.
- Have the ability to make sound decisions and provide professional challenge within 24 hours
- Have working experience and knowledge of working with children and making effective decisions around Early Help, Section 17 and Section 47 and using multi-agency Levels of Need.
- Have strong communication, engagement and analytical skills
- Take responsibility for own workload and maintain high standards of practice.
- Are highly organised and able to work well under pressure.
- Work collaboratively with social work colleagues, managers and multi-agency partners.
- Prior experience as a Senior Social Worker or other relevant experience/transferable skills including around supervising/mentoring others, leadership; development of specialist knowledge/skills
About the Role
Surrey MASH is based in Guildford Police Station and provides a triage and multi-agency assessment of safeguarding concerns in respect of vulnerable children and adults. The MASH team will use Surrey’s Level of Need to help them make decisions depending on statutory need, child protection or early help.
You will be supported in your daily role by a strong and supportive management team who are dedicated to promoting learning and development. Career development is a priority for us. You will receive regular supervision and an annual appraisal that will agree a professional development plan. We will actively encourage and support you in accessing training and other development activities.
In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as Excellent Start up & Relocation Allowances in addition to our amazing Benefits under our internal reward scheme.
An enhanced DBS (formerly known as the CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) will be required for this role.
As the MASH is based at Guildford Police Station, successful applicants will have to also undertake Surrey Police Vetting prior to starting in the post.
For more information please see the Candidate pack and also find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. Also you can view the We look forward to receiving your application
The job advert closes on 6th August 2017
Interviews to be held on 16th and 17th August 2017
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.