IT Security Operations Analyst
Security Operations Analyst Required for client in London
Security Operations Analyst - Due to a new opening in the Security Operations team, my client requires a Security Operations Analyst to manage a number of operational security services, review the security impact of infrastructure changes within the environment and monitor various toolsets for security violations. Key deliverables:
- Responsible for maintaining Security certificate management requirements / functions and operationally renewing and revoking certificates as required.
- You will be requires to operate and maintain data leakage prevention toolsets and oversee associated procedures.
- This role will also entail managing the governance of firewall rule bases and associated change management process.
- You will review web and user access requests ensuring that there is valid business need and there is no impact on the client's security procedure.
- You will maintain the organisation's relationship with their service management function in accordance with change management, problem management and incident management.
- The above will also entail overseeing the management of web proxy policy config which is provided by third party providers.
- You will also be accountable for measuring metrics of the client's site in relation to high risk areas, information security controls and developing remediation plans as requires.
- Responsible for collaborating with Security Architecture team to report appropriate operational issues that may be resolved an architecture level.
- There is an on call requirement for this position which is on a rotational 24/7 on-call requirement and also is an integral part of the information security incident response capability.
- Develop relationships with various stakeholders.
- You will have experience of working in fast paced team and understand the dynamics of teamwork in an operational security environment.
- You will have knowledge and operational experience in: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, anti-virus and content filtering URL filtering, authentication solutions, switches, routers, VOIP and firewall zoning.
- Have the ability to read and understand data including security event logs, system logs, application logs and device logs.
- Have experience and knowledge of enterprise grade technologies including operating systems, database and web applications.
- C#, Java, Python or PHP Programming language.
- Experience with any of the following: Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Systems, Firewalls, SIEM.
- Security certifications CISM, CISSP, M.Inst.ISP, CISA by a recognised professional body as desired.
- Also security certification such as GIAC and EC-Council Certified Incident Handler are strongly preferred.
- Finally, certifications by recognised professional bodies in Network or Systems engineering are desired.