Group Financial controller
Our client is a high growth private equity backed media business. It has doubled in size over the last three years growing from £70m to just under £140m turnover and now is looking for a new Group Financial Controller to join the business and help sustain this high level of growth. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a commercially driven company strategy and to help lead the day to day financial activities of the business.
You will work closely with the CFO and stakeholders to help sustain the high level of growth. Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating budgets and forecasts for the senior management team
- Managing a team of 6 (3 of which are qualified)
- Help implement new business processes and control to increase the company’s profitability
- Support to your team and help coordinate the group function
- Production of monthly management / board packs including P&L, BS, Cash flow, KPI’s and ratio’s
- Primary day to day contact in the Group Annual Audit process
- Preparation of statutory group consolidated financial statements
The CFO is looking for a commercially driven individual that is happy to engage in a 'hands on’ approach. The company needs a Group FC that has demonstrated entrepreneurial flair in recent history and someone who possesses a high level of charisma. Personal attributes include:
- Be highly personable and be able to communicate to a team and stakeholders alike
- Strong commercial and technical ability within finance
- Energetic and dynamic in order to cope with the every changing environment
- Demonstrate commercial flair and sound leadership skills
You must be fully qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA/FCCA, ACMA/CIMA) and have 3 years PQE.