Senior Mechanical Engineer - Bristol
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer, to join a FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation in Bristol within the In Service Support Team which provides a variety of technical support functions with regards to the UK and Canadian In-Service Submarine Fleets.
Key elements of the post are:
- Providing answers to dockyard questions.
- Sentencing dockyard concessions.
- Providing on-site support (UK) in the capacity of equipment OEM and Technical Authority.
- Sentencing manufacturing and supplier concessions.
- Ensuring the technical drawing pack is up to date.
- Ensuring the supporting documentation is correct and up to date.
- Undertaking design modifications.
Successful candidate requirements:
HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Candidates without this qualification will be considered, if they can demonstrate considerable relevant experience within engineering design, system support or submarine systems.
- Good, broad, mechanical engineering knowledge. Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanical components, actuators.
- Experience of system integrations, setting to work, sentencing concessions or defect investigations.
- Demonstrate logical and pragmatic problem solving abilities.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work to time/budget.
- Ability to develop and apply logical, engineering arguments.
- Team player but equally capable of working on their own.
- Accurate and concise with information provided.
In addition, the following skills would be preferred:
- Proficient at 3CAD, NX7 preferred. Experience with other 3D CAD systems will be considered. Proficient at AUTOCAD 2D
- Experience of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Direct experience with Weapon handling and Discharge equipment
What's on offer?
- World Class Facilities
- Excellent organisation reputation
- Benefits package and competitive salary
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on .