Community Centre Supervisor
Part - time: 17.5 hours per week, over 7 days a week
With 95,000 residents and 48,000 properties, it takes some smart thinking to run an organisation like ours. That's why we're always on the look-out for talented people with the expertise to help Hyde thrive. It's a challenge that allows you to use your head but stay true to your heart.
The Hyde Foundation, our community investment department, is responsible for the management of 2 Community Centres in Brent. Following a change, we are looking for enthusiastic and hardworking individuals to join a strong community centres team to help run the centres. We are seeking a Community Supervisor who will be responsible for all operational activities and services at the Community Centre including management of staff and the facility.
About your role
We want individuals who can deliver and manage all aspects of community centre administration and facilitation duties, ensuring an exemplar customer focused and professional service in line with Hyde's legal, financial and organisational policies. The job will mean you will need to work evenings and weekends to ensure the appropriate staffing is in place for the users who use these centres (17.5 hours over 7 days a week, having every other weekend off).
We expect you to be able to:
- Provide effective line management and support to the Duty Officers, Bank Staff and Key Holders in line with Hyde's policies and procedures.
- Assume key holder duties and work evenings/weekends when required to ensure a full understanding of centre use, the users and the supervision requirements during these times.
- Manage and take accountability for all Community Centre booking and hirer administration using the correct IT packages, booking policies and timescales.
- Provide occupancy rate reports and footfall measurement on a monthly basis and when requested by management.
- Support the Community Centre Manager to develop a range of initiatives that meet the needs of the local community and ensure the sustainability of the Centre.
- Maintain compliance with the Hyde Group Health & Safety Policy Framework in all activities undertaken.
- Work in accordance with Hyde's lone worker procedure.
- Ensure all weekly, monthly and annual checks are up to date and all actions are recorded and escalated to the appropriate person or department.
- Provide Community Centre supervisor services to other Hyde Community Centres when required or as directed by line manager.
- You will have the ability to manage any difficult situations that might arise calmly and professionally.
- You will respond to enquiries via email and phone in a timely and professional manner, referring specialist and complex enquiries to relevant teams.
- You will have meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess a 'can do' attitude and a desire to be a part of a team and to be a key part of its success.
- Demonstrate the ability to build successful working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have excellent communication skills and have proficient use of MS Office packages (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint) in order to maintain and manage relevant data to an accurate and excellent standard.
- You will be need to be able to commit to working on a shift pattern
- You will need to have a valid DBS issued within the last year to apply for this role
What Hyde can offer you: Hyde offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual, such as the ability to work from home and other Hyde locations. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using our flexible benefits scheme (iFlex), which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme.
**Please note interviews will be taking place on the during w/c 31/7/17**