Sales and Business Development Manager
Scribblelive Linkdex offers one of the world’s best enterprise-level SaaS platforms for SEO. Don’t just take our word for it - look at the impressive clients and brands that use us! (www.linkdex.com)
Last year, we were acquired by ScribbleLive Inc and now we’re on one of those fun recruitment drives where we’re looking to bring in a wealth of additional commercial people to compliment a highly successful and focused team. You will be based in our swanky offices in Chancery Lane, London.
About the Role
The role will suit ambitious, hungry sales professionals, looking to further develop their sales careers. The Linkdex product and sales cycle is pretty mature. We have a regular raft of leads being generated by the marketing and prospecting department and we now need further help in making sure as many companies as possible get to see the power of Scribblelive Linkdex.
Working with a talented bunch of individuals (even if we say so ourselves…), you’ll be tasked with generating new sales, targeting in-house SEO teams or advertising agencies, taking them through the benefits of the Linkdex platform, giving them access to a trial to make sure it’s a great fit for them before ensuring they have the right data and pricing package. You will also be responsible for issuing the contract, signing them up as a new client and moving on to the next win…
Our style is consultative - asking lots of questions, understanding our prospect’s needs, being collaborative and honest not pushy or overstated. We want our customers to keep on renewing because our platform is totally right for them and helps deliver better results to their business.
Mainly, we want you to succeed: generating new clients and ensuring they’re purchasing the right package from Linkdex, thus enjoying both growth in your career and that of the company itself. There’s all sorts of good extras; from free fruit and breakfast everyday, lunch on us every Friday, 25 days a year holiday, a strong benefits package not to mention a very generous incentive package.
What’s going to impress us (skills, experience and qualifications)
Mainly, we want people that’ll fit into a great team, a fun culture, who can go at this hard and fast, who can be committed to being successful and make sure it happens. We are looking for:
- Enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to learn
- Being presentable, in terms of how you communicate and represent products
- Attention to detail - making sure you turn up to the interview on time will be a good start, of course, but that’s the easy bit. We’re looking for people that’ll run a methodical approach to sales, follow a strong process, consistently applying themselves and getting results
- The ability to make independent decisions, applying a combination of common sense and commercial aptitude
- Understanding and applying the art of negotiation
- Spreadsheets - all sales people should be able to use spreadsheets. We combine unit pricing with data consumption. Simple enough, but we’d like to know you grasp it quickly
- Yes, we’d like some sales history in your background. If you’ve got the ability to filter reports in Salesforce, even better
- Last but not least your academic qualifications - degree/post grad preferred but we are more impressed by your attitude, aptitude and drive than the letters after your name
The main duties and responsibilities of the job
- Be responsible for driving sales of our highly regarded SEO platform for professional marketers in-house and at agency businesses ?
- Effectively communicate the Scribblelive Linkdex value proposition and features to prospects through various methods ranging from web, conference calling and face to face meetings ?
- Create and develop strategic relationships with prospective clients
- Prepare proposals and quotes?
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of engagements and opportunities and accurately ?forecast revenue potential using CRM software?
- Work with and manage monthly, quarterly and yearly quotas ?
- Networking at events, conferences and meet-ups
- Liaise with Account Management team to manage smooth client transition?
- Produce reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies ?for senior management?
- Keep up to date with product developments and competitors' ?activity