Community Operations Intern £16,800 Urban Logistics Platform Central London
Our client is the disruptive on-demand urban logistics platform that will transform your daily lives. Our clients technology allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their local customers with never-before-seen speed and efficiency. They create thousands of economic opportunities for businesses and courier partners whilst redefining customer expectations when it comes to delivery.
This exciting new urban logistics brand are entering a new era, looking to cement its position as the leading provider of express urban delivery. Now operating in Paris, London, Barcelona, Madrid and Lyon... with many more cities across Europe in the pipeline for 2017.
This is a 6 month internship with the view to move permeant.
The company began operating in Paris mid-2015. Launching in London and Barcelona last year, with London poised to become the company’s biggest market. They’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious Community Operations intern to join our fast-growing London Operations team.
No two consecutive days are alike, but generally your mission will be to assist with the sourcing and onboarding of new courier-partners, and to help roll out initiatives designed to make them feel at home within our community. This is a unique front-line role where you will be interacting with partners both on- and offline on a daily basis.
How you can expect to spend your day;
Based in their Clerkenwell office, you will be joining a growing, cosmopolitan team of successful entrepreneurs.
- Come up with out-of-the-box ideas to source the highest quality courier-partners, through online or offline channels
- Play a key role in the courier on-boarding process; screening applicants, interviewing them, and running in-person recruitment sessions
- Plan and execute a wide range of fun events (social, educational or athletic) for the courier community
- Author and design vital partner-centric communications including blog posts and email newsletters
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Outstanding charisma: you love being in the spotlight and would have no problem delivering a presentation in a room packed with people you don’t know
- You know how to break the ice and make others feel comfortable
- You have exceptional attention to detail and know all the ingredients for a killer party
- Events management experience is a strong advantage
- Service-oriented: you know what makes customer service experiences really stand out and what it takes to make ordinary customers (couriers) feel like VIPs
- Superior organisational skills: you can work on multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and don’t get overwhelmed easily
- Hustle: you’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way
- Experience using email marketing tools (e.g. Mailchimp) or design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus Educated to Bachelor’s level
- Fluent (preferably native) English speaker with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in technology, start-ups and the on-demand economy
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing tech startup in its early days, with the potential to join the team as a permanent member at the end of your internship or once you’ve completed your studies
- Sweet perks including free office snacks and drinks, and a daily £10 lunch allowance
- Relaxed, fun work environment - wear what you’d like to the office!
- Regular company-sponsored team events and outings
- Brand new offices