Business Intelligence & Management Information Executive Fin-tech £23K East London
Our client is taking the FinTech space by storm!
Established in 2014, they work with employers to offer their employees access to affordable borrowing directly from their salaries - all at no cost to employers.
With super smart technology, they have created a financial solution that offers employees a unique perk that increases motivation and reduces stress.
Their mission is to reduce debt repayments for UK employees by pioneering the creation of workplace communities that will enable employees to borrow and save together at fairer rates.
The company is led by a best-in-class Senior Management team and they’re looking to add to the team. If you would like to work in a fun, collaborative, diverse, enabling, smart, inclusive, and friendly environment, they would like you to be part of their story.
This is a Grad Job offering up to £23K per annum. There is a 6month standard probationary period with this client.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- The BI/MI Intern will work with the Data Warehouse Architect to help improve and build out the businesses reporting.
- Using SQL Server Analysis, reporting and integration services they will produce and design reports by drawing data from the Data Warehouse.
- Day to day you will engage with the business to understand how they want to use the data, provide effective data analysis and ensure end users utilise the reports to their full potential.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and have an analytical approach to problem solving coupled with demonstrable experience working with SQL to develop MI reports.
Day-to-day activities will include;
- Interact with staff to gather requirements and help prioritise these requirements
- Produce both regular and ad-hoc reports using SQL server reporting services and SQL server analysis services
- Ensure delivery of reporting is timely and accurate
- Adhere to good systems development methodology
- Support the on-boarding and training of Business Users for reporting and dashboards.
- Use SQL Server report monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning
- Design, review, develop and implement production of SQL Server database objects, models and designs
- Update and create documentation as required
- Participate in special projects as required.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Experience of writing SQL to retrieve and analyse data from a database
- Experience of using an MI/BI reporting tool such as SSRS, Qlikview, Crystal Reports or Cognos
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the BI/MI reporting space.
- An understanding of logical and physical database architecture and schema design
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and written)
- Must have strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
There are many perks to joining this forward thinking company, below are just a few
- East London office
- Fresh fruit, chocolate baskets and drinks fridge available
- Movie nights, Karoke evenings and of course thirsty Thursdays!
- An enthusiastic, motivated team with a mix of young professionals and experienced staff, all aspiring towards company goals.