A unique opportunity has arisen for a Catering Manager based at a landmark site in East London. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Catering Manager to show case their skills and further their career.
The client is one of the largest facilities and events service providers in the world. They specialise in catering, events, property and construction.
All applicants must have a commercial and operational understanding of the Catering Hospitality and Events industry.
Duties include and are not limited to;
- The daily operation of the Café service.
- Managing the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Supervising catering and waiting staff at functions;
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs;
- Recruiting and training permanent and casual staff;
- Organising, leading and motivating the catering team;
- Planning staff shifts and rotas; costed rotas against turnover expectation
- Ensuring Health and Safety regulations are strictly observed;
- Budgeting and establishing financial targets and forecasts;
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided;
- Keeping financial and administrative records;
- Managing the payroll and monitoring spending levels;
- Maintaining stock levels and ordering new supplies as required;
- Interacting with customers if involved with front of house work;
- liaising with suppliers and clients;
- Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered
- Ensuring compliance with all fire, licensing, and employment regulations;
- Maximising sales and meeting profit and financial expectations
- Overseeing the management of facilities, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff;
- Planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development;
- Dealing with staffing and client issues;
The right Catering Manager will have a strogn and proven track record in the industry and possess the additional skills:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to think on your feet and take initiative;
- Team working skills;
- The ability to lead and motivate staff;
- Administrative ability and IT literacy;
- Numeracy and financial skills in order to manage a budget;
- An appreciation of customer expectations and commercial demands;
- Stamina and the ability to work under pressure;
- A well-organised approach to work;
- Flexibility and the ability to solve problems in a pressurised environment;
- Customer-facing experience;
- Experience in improving service delivery;
- Drive and determination to improve standards and profitability
For the right candidate, you will receive a best in industry benefits package, including strong pension options, bonus and insurance (life and health). As well as that, you will be joining a huge multi-national organisation with huge scope for progression.