Head of Buying & Promotions London c£90k
An excellent opportunity has arisen within a hugely successful retail business for a Head of Buying & Promotions.
With responsibility for managing a talented buying and promotions team, our client is looking for an ambitious person to take the next step in their career.
As Head of Buying & Promotions you will have responsibility for:
- The development and implementation of commercially viable product ranges, new product development, procurement and retail sales strategy, including promotions.
- Developing and delivering an effective pricing strategy to optimise the performance of the buying function.
- The annual business plan to enable quarterly and annual sales and margin targets to be met.
- Driving innovation and diversification, particularly through the promotional programme.
- Working closely with the COO and FD to manage and implement your team’s promotional activities.
- Leading the trading team and presenting short term actions to help achieve weekly and monthly budgets. You will need to show both urgency and a longer term strategic view.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Ecommerce departments for the development and implementation of the promotional plan.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in managing a buying/ category management team in a multi-channel retail business at a senior level.
- Able to demonstrate success as a member of a "trading board" with leadership and management skills to the fore.
- Results driven to achieve budgets and targets.
- A great communicator with the ability to motivate teams through challenging times.
- Able to demonstrate strategic skills in sourcing, buying and marketing in addition to strong negotiation abilities.
- Self -confident and able to handle themselves in a robust managerial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with outstanding organisational skills to make a real difference to this flourishing business. You will be a "can do" person, someone who is always seeking continual improvement.
This is a truly entrepreneurial environment and requires the combination of high energy tempered with the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
If you are interested please set out in a covering note why you feel your experience would make a difference to our client’s aspirations.
St George’s Recruitment is a recruitment agency that always reviews and processes job applications as quickly as possible. However, regrettably, we are not always able to respond to each candidate individually. If your skills and experience are a strong match we would normally expect to make contact within 5 working days.
St George’s Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this opportunity