Anthony Cole Associates are proud to be once again partnering with the biggest business in the Sports/Retail/Gaming sector. They are looking for two Commercial Analysts to deliver accurate and timely financial reporting and provide strong, detailed and intuitive analysis and insight to help the management team make informed and rational decisions. This is a brand new role to cope with the demands of the new business.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Analyst:
- Key role in the Financial Planning and Analysis team providing support to the planning and forecasting activities of the business and providing analysis and reporting that will drive business decisions
- Work with the business regarding financial reporting requirements/improvements
- Prepare weekly and period KPI reporting including relevant and insightful commentary and ensuring it is accurate and delivered according to deadlines
- Support ad-hoc analysis in conjunction with key stakeholders to understand key drivers and any financial impacts
- Provide analytical support on key business decisions, including new business initiatives and appraisal of projects
- Assist Operations team in preparation of BI dashboards on Pivot stream/future self-service BI tools
- Build good working relationships with key contacts in order to understand the business and the business needs.
Specialist Skills and Experience Required of the Commercial Analyst:
- Experience of planning, forecasting and delivery of insight through analysis
- Knowledge of financial modelling and analytical techniques
- Strong level of excel skills (VBA an advantage), PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with reporting and database systems (OBIEE, Essbase)
- Experience of SQL (writing queries) - only essential for one of the two roles
- Experience of delivering complex and difficult insight projects
- Ability to manage and manipulate large volumes of data
- Proven track record of delivering quantifiable benefits to businesses
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable commercial awareness
- Has the ability to take ownership of this area and drive improvement
The successful candidates for these two roles will be results driven with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. One of the Commercial Analysts will need experience writing queries in SQL, although this is not essential for both roles. This is an excellent opportunity to help drive a growing business as a Commercial Analyst. Please apply for further details.