Assistant Anti Money Laundering Officer
Job Title: Assistant Anti Money Laundering Officer
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Up to £40,000 - plus a number of excellent benefits
Location: East London
Our Client are one of the world's leading brokerage firms and have a presence in over 10 countries. In the last 10 years, they have grown significantly and are wanting to continue that growth by hiring an Assistant Anti Money Laundering Officer.
The following includes your main duties of the role, but is not exhaustive:
- Client reviews, approvals, classifications and documentation - including review of tax classification of clients
- Maintenance of client data bases
- Staff inductions, education, and training
- Set up of tapes for trade queries
- Liaison with other departments as required
- Involvement in Compliance projects, and liaising with other departments as required.
- Analysis of trading information and data
- Collating all relevant customers due diligence documents for new accounts to satisfy the regulatory requirements, this will include liaising with the brokers, back office and potential clients if necessary
- Updating new client information on to the client database using various daily and weekly reports and document management
- Undertake MiFID classification of new accounts and update the classification on the operating system
- Send the anti-money laundering and MiFID opt up letters to clients on a monthly basis and chase outstanding letters
- Review & update the client database to ensure full customer due diligence compliance
- General Compliance Administration duties and other administrative tasks as and when required
- Some overseas travel may be required
For you to be successful in this role you will have basic FCA knowledge - client classifications, conduct of business rules, training and competence, Approved Persons and FCA processes. Basic knowledge of the firms' products including cash equities and securities, equity and commodity derivatives and money markets. Basic knowledge of cash and derivatives exchange rules e.g. Euronext, Eurex, LSE.
You're also required to have experience of dealing with formal documentation, experience of international wholesale markets, basic knowledge of the UK anti money laundering rules and regulations as well as basic knowledge of tax requirements related to the identification and classification of clients under FATCA and Common Reporting Standards (CRS).
You will be an ambitious Assistant Anti Money Laundering Officer who has engaging communication skills, both written and verbal, willingness to learn new skills and take on challenges, good interpersonal skills and a fresh personality with the ability to work in a team or autonomously on specific projects. It's essential that you have excellent PC skills and knowledge, in particular, Excel and Word.
Interested? Send us your CV and tell us why you'd be perfect for the job!
Don't have a CV? Get in touch with me (Bernice Radley) on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Tweet me!
We're always on the hunt for outstanding Assistant Anti Money Laundering Officers and we love meeting new people! So if this role doesn't sound like a great fit for you but you like the sound of us, please do get in touch and find out how we can help you find your next role!
PB Recruitment Consultants Ltd management team have over 35 years' experience of management within our specialist sectors, understanding the importance of reliability and commitment in service provision to ensure targets are met and ultimately customer satisfaction is provided. Through our experience, we have heightened awareness as to specific requirements to facilitate job momentum and enhance productivity. Together we have a wealth of knowledge which allows us to have insight when allocating candidates to each specific job and believe that through an initial meeting with clients are able to select those who would ensure higher productivity meeting and exceeding your standards in practice.
We understand that many industries do not work the average 9:00am - 5:00pm day, which is why our office phones divert every evening and at weekends, allowing us to provide a 24 hour service, seven days per week.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to each candidate, we do receive a large volume of applications, so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful with your application. We will however add your details to our database and be sure to contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.