Project Manager - Residential
Our client are an established property development business that has been running for 12 years.
They are looking to recruit a Project Manager as an addition to the existing team to deliver an increasing number of construction projects. You could be managing anywhere from 1 to 5 projects at one time with values being typically £200k to £2m in value, so we're looking for someone able to manage a high volume of varied work concurrently, with the ability to deliver their projects on time and within budget consistently.
The role is mostly office based with regular travel to construction sites.
The main responsibilities in this role are to:
- Take overall responsibility and ownership for all project outcomes from pre-works to sale, including budget, timeline and quality
- Utilise project management model, with extensive use of MS Excel
- Update the project documentation regularly
- Mitigate unforeseen risks to timeline and budget
- Ensure the project team are fully engaged in their responsibilities throughout the entire project
- Communicate regular updates on timeline, budget, risks and variations to the project sponsor with clear recommendations
- Hold site managers to account with regular visits to construction sites to ensure works are being completed to plan
- Attend, chair and minute regular meetings with the project team and ensure agreed actions are completed
- A demonstrable track record of managing diverse project teams to deliver construction projects on time and on budget, including experience in working with the whole spectrum of project delivery teams (for example architects, interior designers, structural engineers and conveyancers)
- Excellent knowledge of the entire construction process ranging from small refurbs to large new builds
- Experience of working with the whole spectrum of construction workers, from sole traders to large Design & Build companies, with a demonstrable ability to flex your approach depending on the team
- Great at juggling priorities and trade-offs over a number of projects concurrently
- Able to work autonomously and also take direction from senior management when required
- Willing to receive feedback, as well as identify and share opportunities for improvement within the business
- Commercially astute, with the ability to make quick and commercially sound decisions
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to travel regularly to construction sites (mostly south-east England)
- Clean driving license
The role offers the rights candidate the opportunity to join a friendly, fast-growing and fast-paced business with opportunities for further growth and development.
If this role is of interest to you then please apply directly or feel free to call me on .