Maintenance Engineer - Central London - £28,345 + excellent benefits
A luxury complex of private apartments is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Central London.
You will working at one of the most exclusive addresses in London and enjoy a generous benefits package that includes £2,000 annual performance bonus and £1,345 lunch allowance.
You will be working under the general guidance and supervision of the Technical Services Manager and within the limits of company policies and procedures and Engineering standard manual, maintains and operates all the plant, machinery, fixtures, fittings & building fabrics within the complex to achieve optimum Resident comfort whilst maintaining costs to a minimum. To provide outstanding service to all residents including engineering problems within the apartments to ensure 100% resident satisfaction
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To be the second shift engineer on site reporting to the Duty Manager when the Technical Services and Shift Engineer are absent and take responsibility for the effective repair of defects and the safe and efficient operation of the building, plant and equipment.
2. To learn & use Go Concierge as a working tool to aid efficiency.
3. Assist the Shift Engineer to maintain and operate the building plant & systems (boilers, pumps, chillers, air handling units & garage plant) within the established guidelines.
4. To interrogate the Building Management System (BMS) for alarm conditions and respond accordingly.
5. To inspect all plant regularly throughout the shift and to accurately complete the engineering logs and worksheets for record purposes and in order to brief the incoming engineering team of any known faults or problems.
6. In the event of a repair/s being beyond the individual capability & expertise to ensure: The Technical Services Manager or Shift Engineer is aware.
- That any un-repaired fault likely to cause an accident is isolated and that such equipment is left in a complete safe condition with the appropriate warning notices attached.
7. To ensure that in the event of a lift failure, any trapped passengers are evacuated as per lift contractor instructions and that lift contractors are informed of any service requirements.
8. To carry the required communication equipment, answer and respond promptly and to report back to the originator with status of repair.
9. To carry out the designated procedures if a fire alarm is raised. To ensure that the sprinkler system & Emergency generator is operating if required. Isolate systems as required by duty manager, or London fire brigade. To undergo any training deemed necessary.
10. To assist other personnel in emergencies and in carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Chief Engineer and according to the needs of the department.
11. Report all potential hazards whilst on duty.
12. To interact and co-operate with residents, outside contractors, department heads and duty manager.
13. To ensure that all Engineering areas are kept to the highest possible standard.
14. To maintain the security of the department.
15. To ensure that the supplied uniform is kept in a clean condition and in a state of good repair.
16. To use the appropriate safety clothing / equipment (PPE) and follow all maintenance instructions laid down by the Technical Services Manager or Technical Services Supervisors.
17. To carry out any reasonable requests that aim to exceed the expectation of our residents and visitors.
18. To perform other duties outside the normal routine, if so required, within the scope of the department.
19. WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
* The Assistant Engineer will participate within a shift pattern designed to provide a 24 hour, 7 day a week Engineering presence on site within the premises as prepared and by the Technical Services Manager.
What You Will Need
IOSH Working Safely
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.